Thursday, May 14, 2009

Wedding Inspiration: Romantic Tutus




When I was a little girl, my mother (a dance teacher) drilled a love of dance into my tender little brain. It's amazing the things I recall just from that period when I was soaking up ballet history like a sponge. One of my favorite memories is coloring pictures of famous ballerinas from her famous ballerina coloring book. Each page featured a ballerina in her most famous costume, along with a small biography. I particularly loved Marie Taglioni (even though she wasn't as fair of face as, say, Margot Fonteyn).

When I picture my wedding, I basically picture something like these lithographs of Taglioni, the first dancer to dance en pointe. I picture a tea-length, poofy skirt of sheer tulle and flowers in my hair. Sigh. There's a reason they called it a romantic tutu.

No comments: