Do you ever find yourself trapped in the YouTube rabbit hole? What began as an innocent YouTube search for Carrie Underwood's American Idol audition ended literally 3 hours later with me having watched just about every video of Dolly Parton performing in the '60s and '70s. I love this woman something fierce, y'all. I grew up about 2 hours from Dollywood and it was our theme park of choice for field trips and summer day adventures. Her heart is bigger than her hair; the amount of love and support she's given back to the Appalachian region is immense.
Or a denim shirt paired with simple hoop earrings? She always jokes she modeled her look after the town tramp, but there's nothing trampy about these looks.
Get the Look
- What country gal wardrobe would be complete without the denim shirt? $98 at J. Crew, but lawd knows you can find a cheaper one at Target!
- Take the stage at the Bluebird Cafe in Sanctuary's western shirt, $108 at Nordstrom.
- Update Dolly's classic bedazzled long-sleeved style with a retro chic dress. In a dream fantasy world, this Valentino would look perfect under the lights on the Ryman Auditorium stage.
- Charm 'em at the county fairs in this French Connection frock.
- Accentuate your higher-than-heaven hair with a mod headband.
- And no cowgirl is complete without her trusty boots to go with everything.