No one, and I mean no one, is harder to shop for than grandparents. They have everything they want, they don't want stuff, they know what they like, etc. But we want to do nice things for our elders, and there are some ways you can make their lives a little easier, more interesting or enjoyable.
- It is my experience that no grandma will turn down fancy lotions! I like this Lancome set, $70 at Sephora.
- If they're retired, odds are your grandparents aren't consuming nearly as much coffee as they used to. A cup here or there is nice, though, so maybe help them convert to Keurig. $120 at Overstock.
- Keep Nana hip and pretty with a stylish infinity scarf, $68 at J.Crew.
- My grandparents love their wireless TV headsets, which allow them to listen to TV at their own volumes and literally not even have the volume on the set itself. $180 at Amazon.
- Get your grandparents to set up with a gift certificate to Ancestry.com, so they can not only document their priceless family knowledge, but dig even deeper.
- This is ridiculous and not cheap, but if they're really into genealogy, you could go crazy and get them a DNA kit! $189 at Amazon.
- Keep Papa busy with a personalized puzzle, $24 at Pinhole Press.