Beautiful photo by the recently deceased Deborah Turbeville
I spent the weekend shopping with my best friend since 4th grade...so much fun! I don't know where the year went, but I'm already realizing it's time to shop for Christmas! Hitting the stores this weekend really drove that idea home...don't dare enter if you're not ready to feel the pressure.
- Lou Reed's wife wrote the coolest, sweetest obit.
- Why Iceland believes in elves.
- A teen girl gets an amazing photobomb at a concert.
- Ohio State's marching band makes me proud to be American; it's that good.
- Marriage isn't for you.
- A real-time map of births and deaths in the world. It's hypnotic.
- I love the concept of this art piece by Ammiel Mendoza.
- Speaking of art, Vanity Fair ranks the best living artists
- Humans of New York deserves a Pulizter/Nobel Prize for this powerful piece.
- I was completely sucked into this story about Mia Farrow, 20 years after the split with Woody Allen.
- Michelle Obama has a weird job.
- I love Joanna's idea of having a photo scavenger hunt at holiday parties.
- Diana's wedding is one of the prettiest I've seen.