The Cup of Tea by Mary Cassatt
I've had a nice birthday weekend, with a fun midnight margarita run on Friday night and a delicious dinner/movie night with Sean on Saturday night. I relished some down time Saturday to catch up on interesting articles online, so I have plenty of awesome links for you this week!
- Immigrants talk about what amazed them when they moved to America and Chinese students describe their opinions about American food.
- How Wal-Mart destroys our cities.
- I'm so inspired by Dinovember.
- A hilarious Facebook status generator.
- Amazing colorized vintage photos.
- Renaissance painting subjects become superheroes.
- The cutest video ever: a baby girl's first time standing on ice.
- The love of two best friends goes on for generations.
- The importance of giving good praise to girls.
- An incredibly touching piece about the power of reading.
- A Portugese village where people literally live under rocks!
- The Fug Girls completely accurately take down Lucky Magazine's cover with Kerry Washington.
- Jean Claude Van Damm's still got it.
- ICYMI: Batkid.
- A provocative collection of things people have said to lady journalists.
- What happens when you let your 4-year-old finish your drawings.