But if you're pressed for time/energy/creativity, you can also do my cheater, easy version and also have a rich, flavorful and all around fabulous dinner.
Here's what you can do if you fall into the latter category:
- Boil water for gnocchi and preheat the oven to 425.
- In another skillet/pot, brown ground sausage and once fully cooked, add jarred pasta sauce with a little extra garlic.
- Add gnocchi to boiling water and cook until the gnocchi floats to the top, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked gnocchi to the sausage sauce and mix until it's coated.
- Add the gnocchi and sausage to a baking dish coated in cooking spray and layer it with shredded mozzarella cheese, with a layer on top for good measure. Pop that bad boy into the oven and watch it until the cheese is melted.
- Turn on the broiler and wait until your cheese begins to bubble and brown. That right there is where the magic lives!
- Eat. You'll experience deep feelings of bliss, followed by deep feelings of, "ooof why did I eat so much?"