Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Too Much Casserole!

Last night, we made Sarah's Pizza Casserole for a very late dinner and it was delicious. Of course, I didn't plan properly at all and had to leave in the middle of cooking to buy a bigger baking pan, but these things happen.  Everything about it was good, with only one small problem: 


It was a LOT of food. First we added the ground beef and the pasta, then the pizza sauce and veggies (onions and carrots we were trying to get rid of) and stirred it all together. 

Then, we layered a lot of cheese. And Sean, the cheese-hater, survived it!

Then the pepperonis, which I think kind of "make" the dish.


And then heated in the oven at 375 until the cheese was melted. It was super good, but I still have about 1/4 of it left, so if anyone in Hampton Roads wants it, you're welcome to take it off my hands. Otherwise, I know what I'm having for dinner tomorrow. 

Today, I'm supposed to be making Pepper-Lime Chicken, in honor of Cinco de Mayo, but since I forgot to thaw the chicken and it has to marinate for 30 minutes, we'll see how that goes.

3 comments:

Aliya said...

Sean hates cheese?!?!?! Seriously?!

Amber said...

It's the worst thing that's ever happened to me, Aliya. Seriously. And he hates condiments. He is definitely making my cooking experiments that much harder.

Amanda said...

I love casseroles and their extreme leftover abilities. This looks like a pretty good casserole too.

Pepper-Lime chicken sounds amazing. Please, please make it and document everything. :)