Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Translated: FCB Cadell-Inspired Tabletop

In my freshman year of college, I was browsing the art prints for sale in the student center and came across a print by FCB Cadell, a Scottish painter known for his paintings of interiors. I completely forgot about it until I stumbled onto his work again the other day and suddenly remembered the print, which used to hang in my dorm room. I looked up some more of his paintings, which all capture the most beautiful tabletop details.

A perfect red-orange rimmed plate, plus a series of painted pitchers...

A balance of jade green, orange and rich black...

The most elegant glass flute, with a beribboned silhouette...

Elegant throws and art, tossed and leaned...

Get the Look

FCB Cadell

  1. Waylande Gregory leopard plate, $120 at Patch NYC.
  2. Lavender paint, from Cottage Living.
  3. Vera Wang teacup, $37 at Macy's.
  4. A silver teapot (any pot will do).
  5. Blue and White bowl,  $85 at Furbish.
  6. Ironstone pitchers at 1stDibs.
  7. Kate Spade bowl, $24 at Macy's.
  8. Throw, $49 at Urban Barn.
  9. Louis XVI chair, $429 at Wisteria.

No comments: