Jackie Kennedy Onassis is a woman for all seasons...the lady had style in spades. I was flipping through a picture book of her fashions the other day and was really struck by how many of our standard summer looks can be traced right back to her influence. Whether you're summering off the Cape, in Acapulco, in Palm Beach, in Mykonos or just in your own town, take a cue from Mrs. O.
A halter paired with a circle skirt and a wicker purse.
Jackie and Jack, honeymooning in Acapulco. Found here.
A sweet gingham frock. Photo found through Pinterest.
Securing her hair with a scarf. Jackie on a boat, from Retronaut.
Jeans with a bright tee and big sunnies. Jackie in Capri, found here.
Jackie and her beloved Jack Rogers sandals.
A bright scarf. Photo from Camille Styles.
Get the Look
- Diana camera, $65 at Urban Outfitters.
- Lancome Pink Safari balm, $22 at Neiman Marcus.
- Marika Charles ombre tee, $79 at Calypso St. Barth.
- Straw bag, $50 at Zara.
- Gingham dress, $228 at J.Crew.
- David Aubrey necklace, $88 at Endless.
- Circle sunglasses, $10 at Tillys.
- Kate Spade watercolor scarf, $100 at Saks Fifth Avenue.
- Jack Rogers sandals, $138 at Piper Lime.