Sean and I watched three really great movies this week that I wholeheartedly recommend: "Young Adult," which is like Mean Girls if Regina George never changed as she grew up; "Beginners," a beautiful movie about love and family, based on the director's relationship with his dad, who came out as gay at 75 after his mother died; and "I Am Love," an Italian film starring Tilda Swinton, about the tense relationships in a powerful, wealthy Italian family. The last one was full-on European weird, but thought-provoking, so be prepared for that.
- Possibly the greatest New York Times correction of all time.
- And the story behind the correction.
- For hardcore NPR fans, enjoy the Twitter blood feud.
- Predictions of today from 100 years ago.
- If you don't read Young House Love, they are the MASTERS of an amazing kitchen renovation. Here's their guide to painting cabinets.
- My friend Amanda wrote the loveliest ode to receiving mail in the post.
- College students reproduce famous paintings.
- OMG! Toms is coming out with ballet flats!