Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I Spy: A. Dodson's


My friend Lauren has been talking up A. Dodson's, a decor and fashion shop in Suffolk, for more than a year now. I don't make it that way very often, but Sean and I decided to be adventurous and travel the back roads of Hampton Roads on Saturday.

A. Dodson's, luckily, is on U.S. 17, so it's not really on a back road. Like Anthropologie, its store displays are inventive, creative and artistic, which makes the store a destination for anyone who thinks shopping is an experience. The walls are lined with burlap, feathers, fake vines and paper flowers and leaves. It's mesmerizing!

I just snapped a few shots of some of my favorite things in and about the store. They have plenty of botanical and nature prints, glass cloches and ceramic birds. I liked the butterfly prints above.


But my heart really leaped for this red wire pendant lamp, only $700 (eek!). I picture it over my very favorite dream dining table, the Louis Zinc table by John Reeves.


This garden-inspired room was magical...so magical I couldn't get a not-blurry picture of it!


Feather-lined walls!


And crinkled paper leaves!


I have a weakness for pewter and brass animals; I was in love with these metal pheasants.


The store also sells antiques; this Hoosier chest was updated with a moroccan print fabric and crystal knob.


And Sean pointed out this book, which could literally be my life mantra.

A. Dodson's is located at 2948 Bridge Road, Suffolk, VA.

No comments: