Saturday, January 2, 2010

2009 Year in Review

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S GUYS!!!
For pretty obvious reasons, 2010 is going to be a very big year in my life: I'm getting married. 2009 was pretty great — I finally moved in with my best friend, I got engaged, I learned to cook, I started a blog. I thought I'd share my favorite top 10 entries, so here you go:

  1. What the What?!: Our engagement story, with pictures! We got engaged on our anniversary on April 19, thus beginning the wedding planning that threatens to overtake this blog. I hope you keep reading until October, when we get hitched!
  2. Moroccan-spiced Chicken: Probably my favorite chicken dish I tried, full of exotic spices and easy as pie. I need to make this again very soon.
  3. Chicken Mulligatawny: One of the most popular recipes I've featured is Sarah Leach's recipe for chicken mulligatawny. I'm ashamed to say I still haven't tried it...must get to that ASAP.
  4. The Great Tuna Disaster: This was a controversial post in that everyone was so angry with me after they read it. I still feel guilty about the ruined tuna, and I'm also trigger shy about cooking fish now. That needs to be part of my cooking resolution!
  5. Our Wedding Palette: Very trendy turquoise and red; sometimes I regret it, but I know it will be me.
  6. A Citrus Summer Meal: A thrown together meal I still dream of; it was delicious and easy and something I expect to be making for years.
  7. The Best Short Wedding Dresses: I've hunted and hunted for my short wedding dress; one of these is the winner, but I'm not telling.
  8. Our Engagement Portraits: By the fabulous Ryan Burke.
  9. Olive Oil Cakes: One of my favorite early baking experiments; came out absolutely delicious.
  10. My Wedding Hairpin: The only thing I've ever had custom-made, a hairpin by K. Autumn.

1 comment:

ginamom said...

excuse me... about #10, you had dozens of custom made hair decorations as a child, lol... humphf