My good friend and former co-worker Jodi sent along this Betty Crocker recipe that apparently gets the party started wherever she goes. I meant to post this before Christmas, but life gets in the way of life sometimes, doesn't it?
Jodi says: "It might not be too high-brow, but it's DAAAAMN good. Keep it in mind for any events you'll be attending and bringing a dish if you want to wow the crowd - there was only one piece of the cake I made yesterday left by the end of the day, with many of my coworkers admitting openly to having enjoyed seconds and thirds. I got it from BettyCrocker.com, which has a lot of great, easy recipes."
- 1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist German chocolate cake mix.
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs (as described on cake mix)
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- 1 jar of caramel, butterscotch or fudge topping
- 1 container (8 ox) of frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 bag of toffee chips or bits
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Bake cake as directed on box for 13x9 inch pan.
- Poke on top of warm cake every 1/2 inch with handle of wooden spoon. Drizzle milk evenly over top of cake; let stand until milk has been absorbed into cake. Drizzle with caramel topping. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled.
- Spread whipped topping over cake. Sprinkle with toffee chips. Store covered in refrigerator.