We're getting married in the fall, so we wanted to get fall flavors that are nostalgic, seasonal and unique and most of all, reflective of us. Sean's favorite dessert of all time is apple pie and I love anything with Bailey's, so here's where we landed, left to right:
- Apple cupcakes with homemade vanilla buttercream icing (which will have a caramel drizzle on the day of the wedding).
- Pumpkin swirl cupcakes
- Chocolate Guiness cupcakes with Baileys icing
We had a ceremonial tasting and here were our thoughts ("our" including me, Ashleigh, Amanda, Sean and his family):
- Apple was moist perfection. Seriously. The vanilla buttercream was perfect and I can't wait to try it with caramel drizzle.
- Pumpkin spice was okay. Sean and his dad loved it; Amanda was on the fence; I thought it was a little more like a muffin than a cupcake.
- Guiness with Baileys was a revelation. Seriously. The Guiness really only added a layer of flavor to the chocolate and the Baileys was, as always, fabulous. I've had so much Irish Cream lately that I'm almost tired of it ... nah.
We're still open to creative cupcake ideas. I suggested maybe a champagne cupcake; do you have any ideas?
ENTER TO WIN COOKWARE
Cookware.com approached me about giving away any item on their site worth up to $30. To enter, go to this entry and leave a comment about your cooking-related New Year's Resolution.