Tuesday, October 22, 2013

October Time is Festival Time

October in Virginia means one thing: festivals! It genuinely feels like the busiest month of the year in terms of art, wine and beer festivals and sometimes you have to literally festival hop. Saturday was one of those days. 

Erica joined me on Saturday morning to go to the Stockley Gardens Art Festival, which is held twice a year and attracts a great mix of local and national artists.

 I especially enjoyed this modern take on Jamestown by Will Corr.

 I would love to have room in my future home for beautiful glass windows like this one.

And we were really impressed by these botanical prints, made by literally putting plants in the screenprinting press and using them to make the resist image. Beautiful!

From there, we went to the Towne Point Park Wine Festival, a twice-a-year tradition, although it had been years since I made it for the fall edition. I loved sipping on a peach bellini, but also had my share of red and white wine from our old favorites, Chateau Morissette, Prince Michel and First Colony wineries.

 More than anything, wine fest is just about enjoying time with friends.

And maybe getting a little goofy in public! Now there's finally a chill in the air, so festival season is winding down and, I shouldn't say it too soon, but I'm looking forward to less busy weekends.

No comments: