I was decidedly not fancy with my picture-taking, though...I completely forgot to bring a camera other than my phone. It was the cap to a day that started with traffic that made me 50 minutes late to a meeting and built up to me dropping my entire bottle of syrah on the sidewalk seconds after getting out of my car. Never a better time for wine club!
If you're curious and don't mind iPhone pics, here's what we had:
- Port Salut: a semi-soft cow's milk cheese.
- Wensleydale with Cranberries cheese: my favorite! Cow's milk cheese from Yorkshire with sweet cranberries. We ate it melted with dark chocolate on slices of bread.
- Beemster Vlaaskas cheese: A sweet Dutch cheddar.
- Chipotle cheddar cheese: so good and smoky! Would love to try this in chili.
- Espresso Bellavitano cheese: Wisconsin-made cheese, soaked and crusted in espresso. A delicious sweet cheese!
- Lucky Star Chardonnay: Citrusy start for a creamy finish, with notes of pineapple, pear and golden apple. I don't normally like chardonnay, but this was good.
- Aberdeen Angus Cabernet Sauvignon: A delicious Argentinian cab, with dark plummy fruits and a vanilla finish.
- Woop Woop Cabernet Sauvignon: Strong fruity notes offset by notes of spice.
- Temptation Zinfandel: Much like the others, plummy and spicy and vanilla-y. We had a lot of very similar reds, LOL!
- Monte Oton Grenache: Lauren especially loved this one, which is described as having notes of raisins, blueberries and plums.