Thursday, March 28, 2013

Today I Like ... Flowers in Art & Design

I've been pinning up a storm lately and I noticed a common trend last night: flowers, everywhere! I desperately need to get back to painting, and maybe even collaging, and these pieces have me feeling inspired.

 A floral kite, by Fredericks & Mae fit for Mary Poppins.

A beautiful watercolor I want in textile form, by Lourdes Sanchez.

Must find a way to recreate this shot someday! Princess Ira Von Furstenberg, 1955, by Cecil Beaton.
 So inspired by this idea...I don't want to rip it off, per se, but I can picture so many cool home DIY projects similar to Pascuala Lira's floral whitewashed wood piece.

Flowers have been all the rage in graphic design, and I love the kaleidoscopic effect of Lisa Hedge's save the date design.

No comments: