- Graham Beck Pinno Pinotage: This was my favorite! Pinotage is one of the most commonly planted varietals in South Africa, a crossing of Pinot Noir and Cinsaut. A semi-sweet red with a nice hint of vanilla. Very drinkable.
- Goats in Villages Shiraz Pinotage: I picked this bottle up at Trader Joe's; it was fruity and smoky.
- Stellar Organics Shiraz: A peppery shiraz with an oaky, spicy finish.
- Excelsior Syrah/Shiroz: This is a great red with hints of vanilla and mocha, according to the site.
- Royal Chenin Blanc: This white had notes of tropical fruit and honey.
- Stellar Organics Live-a-Little white: This was my favorite of the whites. It was like a happy medium between a Reisling and Chardonnay, with a delightful effervescence that I just loved.
bobotie, a minced meat dish covered with an egg topping.
geelrys, which is yellow rice with raisins. It was spiced with turmeric, cinnamon and sugar and was SO good. It smelled amazing.
I believe our next stop is Italy, and then we'll be having a sake night!