Model Karen Bjornson, in 1975, photographed by Oliviero Toscani.
If you have HBO, I must recommend watching the new documentary, "About Face," which features models from the 60s, 70s and 80s talking about beauty, the aging process, what it's like to make money from your looks and how it's affected them long-term. It's fascinating, and one of the models featured is Karen Bjornson, who modeled for Halston.
On to the links!
- Sad, but fascinating: Rich Kids of Instagram.
- Are you familiar to Tavi Gevinson, the Style Rookie? The dark part of me is jealous of her success, but the other part of me is so happy teenage girls have her to look up to. Get to know her in this NY Times profile.
- How much it costs to be Batman.
- My girl Kate Middleton is leading the pack on the International Best Dressed List.
- A hilarious story of farting on a date.
- The best Olympic gifs!
- Hilarious corrections to the NY Times' obit for Gore Vidal.
- The cutest royal couple you ever did see.
- How to be friends with other women.
- Gabby Douglas' gold medal win explained through gifs!