Thursday, August 6, 2009

Tempted by the hair of another



Don't you love Chantal Goya's bang-and-bob combo? I kinda do, but I'm wary of straight bangs after my last hairstylist ignored my wishes and cut choppy bangs. I can never decide if it would look cute, and it's a ton of maintenance and I would probably still part them anyway, but I just love it.

These pictures are from Masculin Feminin, a terribly stylish 1966 Jean-Luc Godard film. The movie is, like all French New Wave films, obtuse and contrary, but still enjoyable. The kids were alright.
Anyway, back to my hair. I'm due for a cut next Thursday and I find that getting married is messing with my hair mentality. I am nearly positive I want to wear it down and curly, like an old movie star, and I think it would suit the fact I plan to wear a short dress. But then there's that urge to wear it up and fancy in some crazy elegant hairsdo, like a chignon or a soft bun. If I decide to wear it up, I have to grow it out.

What do you guys think? Grow it out? Cut it? Bangier bangs than I already have?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so basically my mom's haircut...

Amber said...

i was going to mention that but i figured my readers wouldn't understand.