Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Translated: Georgia O'Keeffe-Inspired Decor


It's been a LONG time since I've done a "translated" post, but I'm feeling rejuvenated these days and inspired. My mother sent me a postcard a couple years ago of this painting by Georgia O'Keeffe of her favorite mountain, Cerro Pedernal. The colors are so striking and I often find myself staring at it when I'm in that corner of the living room. I'm not typically one for Southwestern decor, but I loved the idea of drawing some inspiration from it for a colorful, comfortable living room.

Pedernal room

  1. Set the tone with rich turquoise curtains, $148 at Anthropologie.
  2. Update the classic O'Keeffe cow skull in a faux metallic, $199 at Z Gallerie.
  3. I love the glow of this green glass lamp, $120 at Pottery Barn.
  4. Speaking of glow, I'm loving this rich-looking gold accent table, $72 at Target.
  5. I feel fairly certain cheaper leather sofas exist, but I loved the color of this one, $2,599 at Pottery Barn.
  6. Bring the whole room together (Big Lebowski-style) with this kilim rug from RUGS USA.
  7. Cuddle up with an orange throw, $98 at Wayfair.
  8. Accent the room with a midcentury-style rope armchair. I see them pop up for under $200 on Ebay, Craigslist and in antique stores; this one is new and expensive at $3,395 from Design Within Reach

1 comment:

James said...

Great picks..i love the carpet and couch!