It's been a LONG time since I've done a "translated" post, but I'm feeling rejuvenated these days and inspired. My mother sent me a postcard a couple years ago of this painting by Georgia O'Keeffe of her favorite mountain, Cerro Pedernal. The colors are so striking and I often find myself staring at it when I'm in that corner of the living room. I'm not typically one for Southwestern decor, but I loved the idea of drawing some inspiration from it for a colorful, comfortable living room.
- Set the tone with rich turquoise curtains, $148 at Anthropologie.
- Update the classic O'Keeffe cow skull in a faux metallic, $199 at Z Gallerie.
- I love the glow of this green glass lamp, $120 at Pottery Barn.
- Speaking of glow, I'm loving this rich-looking gold accent table, $72 at Target.
- I feel fairly certain cheaper leather sofas exist, but I loved the color of this one, $2,599 at Pottery Barn.
- Bring the whole room together (Big Lebowski-style) with this kilim rug from RUGS USA.
- Cuddle up with an orange throw, $98 at Wayfair.
- Accent the room with a midcentury-style rope armchair. I see them pop up for under $200 on Ebay, Craigslist and in antique stores; this one is new and expensive at $3,395 from Design Within Reach.