- Even if the nest is a bit emptier these days, I'm sure mom would appreciate some new recipes. Here's some quick after-work cooking ideas, $20 at Anthropologie.
- For a mom who has worked to make the garden THE place to be, a lovely new birdhouse, $46 at Leif Shop.
- And if mom's plants are mainly inside, make the windowsill a little lovelier with a nickel-plated mister, $20 at Terrain.
- For her stocking, slip in a mercury glass ornament in her monogram, $6 at Anthropologie.
- Inspire her to start a new hobby or take up an old one with a calligraphy set, $48.
- Bring some sass with leopard-print gloves, $68 at Anthro (whoa, I didn't even realize I'd found so many ideas there!).
- Treat her to a new scent, like one of the many lovely ones by Tocca.
- Score a two-fer by getting her a gorgeous basket made in Africa from a fair trade foundation.
- Make it even easier for her to incorporate fresh herbs into her cooking with herb scissors, $16 at Terrain.
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
Gift Guide: Your Sweet Mom or Mom-in-Law
I might be crazy but I think it's easy to come up with ideas for moms because they usually like things that a) make life easier, b) make life prettier or c) make life smell better. Here are just a smattering of ideas while shopping for mom: