Sean and I finally saw "Argo" last week and people, it is so good. Perfectly paced, relevant and a period piece, to boot! I found myself kinda digging the outfits the ladies wore, which is hilarious because I never could have imagined that a few years ago. But, once I thought about it, I realized everything that was popular in the 70s — neutral colors, jewel tones, plaids, boots — makes a perfect fall wardrobe! How about a quick history lesson?
Yves St. Laurent made safari style chic in the 70s, with the help of his muses, Betty Catroux and Loulou de la Falaise. Lots of tan, big pockets and big sunglasses.
And the Charlie's Angels girls managed to make office-ready skirts and blouses look sexy.
Get the Look
- Get a peachy glow with NARS orgasm blush.
- Trench, $91.
- Accessorize with a simple gold monogram, $105 at Bauble Bar.
- A classic cream blouse, $51.
- A perfectly 70s menswear-inspired corduroy blazer, $373 by Boy by Band of Outsiders.
- Pop on a floppy felt hat, $44 at ASOS.
- The perfect plaid skirt, $265 at The Outnet.
- Pull on a fair isle sweater, $98 at Madewell.
- Caramel boots might be the only shoes you need this fall, $199 at Lord & Taylor.
- Face the morning light behind big sunnies, $95 at Warby Parker.
- Sit pretty in red velvet jeans, by J. Brand.