Friday, October 19, 2012

Jams of the Week

Exhibit Jam: "Regarding Warhol"

When I was at the Metropolitan Museum of Art on Sunday, we stopped by the Regarding Warhol: Sixty Artists, Fifty Years exhibit, which is open until the end of the year. The show explores themes of Andy's work and how they're present in other artists' works. It's really cool to see the lines of inspiration drawn from Andy to Jeff Koons, or to Robert Mapplethorpe, or to Cindy Sherman. It got the wheels in my brain turning in the best way.
 
Trailer Jam: "Hitchcock"
I'm a fairly die-hard Scarlett Johansson hater, but I can't wait to see this new biopic of Hitchcock, starring ScarJo, Anthony Hopkins and Helen Mirren. I think it's interesting to see how scandalized everyone was by "Psycho."

Beauty Jam: Essie "Da Bush"
So, this shade is from a 2011 collection, but I just snagged a bunch of old Essie polishes at Marshall's and this was one of them. In person it's a bit more celedon than it reads in this picture and makes my nails look like old English china. You can still snag it on Amazon.
 
Shopping Jam: Upcoming Target x Nordstrom
From the first minute I heard about Target's Christmastime collaboration with Nordstrom, I thought it was a brilliant idea. But seriously...I never expected it to be THIS brilliant. I'm loving the Marc Jacobs metallic pouches, but check out the full sneak peek here.

No comments: