Ashleigh prepared a delicious spread, including veggie pizza, cherries, cucumber feta rolls and my favorite, kiwi guacamole. Omg, I could survive on that.
She also got some assistance from her friend, Chef Chris Hill. He whipped up a sweet chili dipping sauce for our sweet potato fries, and a stout mint sauce to pair with lamb chops. SO GOOD!
- Starborough Sauvignon Blanc: A citrusy wine with tropical flavors, perfect match with the kiwi guac.
- Spy Valley Sauvignon Blanc: A dry wine that tastes of grapefruit.
- Matariki Sauvignon Blanc: A spicy citrusy wine with a real peppery finish.
- Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc: Sweet tropical flavor, but with notes of green pepper.
- Scene 17 Pinot Noir: A plummy berry wine — the only red we had! It was very good.
- Tiki Sound Sauvignon Blanc: My friends tried this wine the night before and texted me to say it should be my pick. No problem with that! It was a delicious mix of all the flavors we had in the previous wines, with a great finish.
Next stop: Argentina, at my house!