Monday, April 9, 2012

Hot Pink Lipstick

 It's taken a few tries, but I've found three great bright pink lipsticks in my quest to look like a J.Crew catalog. The pictures aren't perfectly accurate ... my normal camera battery is charging, so camera-phone stood in, but trust when I say these are flattering. They're perfectly on-trend when worn with a simple face of make-up, but could look garish with a full eye.

From left to right: NARS Carthage pure matte; NARS Funny Face; and Tarte Lively stick (I had to pull it out of the packaging, which tends to get stuck).
 Carthage is a lighter neon pink (dulled a little bit by my camera phone)
 Funny Face is darker and more saturated...
And Lively is deep and super-matte.

I think hot pink goes just as well with neutrals as bright-colored clothing. It's tied with coral lipstick for my favorite make-up trend these days.

No comments: