Picasso with his portraits of Dora Maar.
I had a thrill of a weekend at the front end (more on that later) and an indulgent do-nothing day today, during which I finished a book, had a pin-a-thon, watched the World Cup, went for a walk and now it's pizza time. Let's be frank, it's always pizza time.
- I love the song Fancy, but this writer has a point. We might deserve a better song of summer.
- People thought Steven Spielberg killed a dinosaur.
- Men need to stop calling women crazy.
- You're not imagining it: work is the worst in your early 30s.
- What if Indiana Jones were denied tenure.
- A surprisingly lovely story about aircraft carriers.
- How to ride a bike in a skirt.
- Also, via Joanna's blog: help identify Grandpa's Photos.
- It's tomato sandwich season! Time to celebrate with this classic column from a Hampton Roads legend.
- Get the tissues! A dog's last day.