Thursday, July 17, 2014

Norfolk Date Night: Field Guide and Obvious Child

Saturday night, Sean and I had a lovely date night in Norfolk, complete with alcoholic slushies and romantic comedies about unplanned pregnancies (seriously). We started our night at Field Guide, where I shamelessly ordered the same thing I've had before because it's that good. Field Guide reminds me of a hipster spin on family-style dining, seating you at long tables with strangers (but you're not expected to share). Your drinks come in jars, your food comes on mismatched plates and your menu has suggested events to check out around town. 

We started off with the Tennessee Whiskey and Grape slushies, which were the perfect thing.

I had the Privateer, a root beer-braised brisket sandwich topped with a smoked honey cheddar sauce and greens. Mmmmmm mmmm good. (And bad for my health...lord, I've fallen off the wagon since Savannah!)

We had cause to celebrate: Sean's new prescription sunglasses came from Warby Parker!


After we stuffed our bellies even further with gelato and carrot cake from YNot, we ventured to see Obvious Child, starring Jenny Slate as a woman who gets pregnant in a one night stand and faces the prospect of getting an abortion while possibly falling for the father of her baby. Heavy stuff (and controversial stuff), but I have to tell you...it was really good. It also introduced me to Gabe Liedman, my new favorite.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm new to Va Bloggers....living in Williamsburg. Been meaning to try Field Guide!! Thanks for the reminder:) We love 80/20 as well!