Friday, December 3, 2010

Dining Room Inspiration

For our wedding, we received a ton of linens, dishes, serving pieces and more that had no home in our cramped kitchen. Ever since, I've been cruising Craigslist and thrift shops like a crazy person, hoping to find a china cabinet to provide some relief. I found a cabinet that we'll pick up tomorrow, but I'm disappointed to say I won't be painting or transforming it any time soon.

My boss and Sean reminded me that, ahem, you shouldn't paint furniture indoors in the wintertime, so for now, I have to put my dreams of a shiny white cabinet with some fun interior on the backburner. For now, I'll show you my dream dining rooms. The top one is by designer Gary McBournie, and appeared in House Beautiful.

I dream of a house full of bentwood chairs, like the ones in Abbey Nova's house, featured on Design Sponge.

I ultimately want to achieve a mix of traditional and modern, like this fabulous room designed by Jessica Helgerson (also featured on Design Sponge).

I love the midcentury modern chairs paired with the antique sconces in this room from House Beautiful.

The bright whites supplemented with wood chairs and patterned seats makes my heart swoon. Designed by Michelle Adams, of Lonny Magazine.

I know this is crazy girly, but I'm in LOVE with the way this room looks. It's so beachy and feminine and Golden Girls-esque. It was designed by Ashley Whittaker and appeared in House Beautiful.

No comments: