Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wino Wednesday: Wine Bar Outing!

Remember my wine club? Yeah, we still meet, but I just can't be bothered to take pictures or write posts. In recent weeks we've been to the Norfolk Wine Festival and the Portsmouth Beer, Band and BBQ, but we haven't had our traditional you host-I come drink format in a little while.

We recently went out to sample the fare at Terra Wine Bar in Williamsburg, which offers tapas-style eats and tons of wine. The real reason we went was to try out the ... wait for it ... wine dispenser! The bar has wine dispensers just like these.

For a minimum of $20, you can put the money on what looks like a metro card that is inserted into the wine dispenser. Then you can choose one of three wines, and specify if you want a taste, half-glass or full-glass. Three of us ended up splitting the $20 card and we each got to taste three wines, which was pretty good.

For dinner, I had the pear, bacon and gorgonzola salad.

And I also ordered this AMAZING Baked Caciocavallo cheese dip.

I believe these are the Catalan toasts, with crushed tomatoes, Serrano ham and manchego cheese.

The giggly group.

An itty bitty cup of raspberry sorbet for Sean with frozen (very sour) raspberries.

I can't wait to sample the lunch menu, but I would recommend going here for an after-the-movies snack rather than a full meal.

No comments: