This time around, it was my turn to host and as per usual, I went a little crazy with the Valentine's Day-themed decor. We were having dessert wines and desserts and boy, was it sweet.
The menu: deli spirals (the easiest, most crowd-pleasing storebought item ever), raspberry brie bites, smoked cheddar popcorn, creme brulee bars, chocolate raspberry mousse (which I unfortunately still have) and French macarons from Trader Joe's.
- Jackson-Triggs Icewine: an incredibly smooth, honey-like dessert wine. Very sweet but very good.
- Verdi Peach Sparkletini: A super fun, bubbly spumante with a hint of peach. It also comes in raspberry, which I'm dying to try.
- Harris Ruby Porto: This was my first port and I actually really loved it! I said drinking port made me feel like one of those old dudes who plays chess in a library filled with leather chesterfield sofas.
- Butler Cassis Noir: A very tart black currant wine, excellent served over cheesecake. Very tart and earthy.
- Banyuls: I can't read the label, so I kinda suck at this. I bet it was good though. Oops.
- Bitch Bubbly: I was the only one who kinda like this; it was a very bubbly, berry-flavored sparkling wine. Fun, but not rich in flavor.
More pictures and recipes to come later! Big dessert wine tip: The wine should always be sweeter than the dessert you pair with it.