Thursday, February 11, 2010

Chocolate Toffee Saltines

Nothin' new over here. You guys saw the chocolate toffee saltines here, but this is the first time I tackle the recipe myself.

Bring a cup of dark brown sugar and two sticks of butter to a boil. It will look awesome, like lava.

Pour the toffee over saltines placed in a tin foil-lined pan. Bake at 400 degrees for about 5 minutes until toffee has set.

Pull the bakeware out and try not to burn your thumb like I did. Pour chocolate chips over the toffee and as they melt, spread the chocolate over the top.

Let the crackers cool, then put in freezer to get the chocolate hard.

Break into pieces like you would peppermint bark and serve!

I made these for movie night the other night and one of my guests shoved an entire cracker in his mouth. This is a bad idea. He said "Omg, this is just sugar." To which I said, "Well yeah."

You've been warned!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Mmm... I don't think I would complain about this sugar-ness. Sounds delish.

Amanda said...

Annnnd... I just scrounged my snack drawer and came up with a much less satisfying substitute: a FiberOne oats & chocolate bar. Just sad.