When I was a little girl, I used to watch Fashion TV, hosted by Tim Blanks, every weekend on Vh1. Alexander McQueen was just getting his start then, and I loved his theatricality and dedication to bending the rules as far as they could go. Read a lovely tribute by Tim Blanks here.
On a happier note, I love this little girl, working hard on her valentines. LIFE picture from January 1942.
- The coolest adult education classes ever. Found via Saipua's Twitter feed.
- A great story from Dooce about the importance of sticking to routines.
- Love Amanda's Julia Child-inspired cookies.
- Did that "Man's Last Stand" Dodge Charger commercial during the Super Bowl rub you the wrong way? Best. Spoof. Ever.
- Send an adorable e-valentine, care of Kate Spade.
- Check out these new definitions of "love".
- Hilarious LOST valentines.
- Scrap metal becomes a backyard dog.
- Want to sound smart during the winter Olympics? Watch this breakdown of how to achieve a triple lutz-triple toe loop.