Second of all, the pictures are too dark because I can't work Sean's camera for shit in low-light situations. We'll get there someday.
So Miranda hosted Wino Wednesday this week and had delicious goodies — bake brie, cherries, chocolate, meatballs and caprese skewers!
- Steak House Wine: A dry Cabernet Sauvignon with a nice finish, apparently perfect with steak.
- Menage a Trois: Our unanimous favorite; a blend of cabernet, merlot and zinfandel. It was fruity, but soft with a touch of vanilla. A little sweet, but perfectly so.
- Banfi Bell'agio Chianti: I brought this one; I'm a fan of Chianti with red-sauced pasta dishes, especially lasagna and ravioli. It's a very light yet spicy Chianti, enough flavor to balance with meat but not heavy at all.
- Stonehedge Reserve Merlot: To be completely honest, I didn't write anything about this on my card. Not sure what happened there, but the description says "cherry berry plummy" flavors, which sounds good, right?
- Thom Clarke Milton Park Shiraz: I learned two things: shiraz and syrah? Same thing (what the what?!) Also, good shiraz comes from Australia, Italy and California. Good thing this spicy shiraz comes from the Outback!
- Zen of Zin: A delicious red zinfandel with a smoky, oaky taste and a bit of a burn at the end (but in a good way!).
- Trinity Oaks Pinot Noir: Light, fruity yet spicy wine – a little heavier than normal.
- Nero d'Avola: a mild, almost effervescent red varietal from Sicily. Very, very good.
- Cabernet Sauvignon: A tangy start but a smooth finish. We learned that cabs have more tannins. Lookatme, I'm so fancy!
- Cline Zinfandel: So I'm not totally positive this is the one we had, but it sounds close. It was oaky and had notes of chocolate — very rich.
I unfortunately forgot these ladies names, but they were a lovely, sassy mother-daughter pair full of fun stories!
AND she makes wedding cakes! She brought this one for us to try a new fondant recipe...I'm such an underachiever.
Next time, we're doing a meet-up at Lubo in Virginia Beach on Friday, July 31. If you're interested in coming, let me know!