Nina Simone, 1963. That eye makeup!
I'm having a pleasantly lazy/active weekend. Skipping my chores to make time for perusing art book fairs, watching Bob's Burgers, hitting the beach and seeing Mission Impossible No. 400 (seriously, what number are we on now?) on IMAX. I hope you're having an equally chill/busy weekend, too!
For your cool for the summer link distraction, might I present:
- An artist remembers a chance visit with Georgia O'Keeffe, sharp as ever in her 80s.
- On its 10-year anniversary, an ode to the pork bun that started it all.
- Brilliant inventions on the horizon!
- Pixar's attention to detail in Inside Out is amazing.
- Help a Richmond photographer find the girls in these gorgeous negatives.
- The best thing ever: watermelon jello shot slices.
- Flirtation cards, the original text messages.
- The newest Internet speak: y/y
- Can we please do away with the archetype evil movie woman boss?
- Infographics on adulting.
- An impressive amount of detail and thought went into Chris Hemsworth's fake penis in the new Vacation.