Thursday, August 20, 2015

A Midsummer's Night Wine Club

Last week, Lauren hosted a lovely wine club with a "Midsummer's Night" theme, and it was a perfect (almost) swan song for summer. She decorated with lovely zinnias from her wildflower patch and blue mason jars...

 And I couldn't resist checking out her wild (yet contained) wildflower field.

 For supper, we had delicious chicken thighs, roasted potatoes and a layered salad with that most Southern of dressings: Duke mayo and sugar! It was delicious and reminded me of potlucks in church basements in the best way.



She got super creative and created these fairy fruit wands that were so adorable, I feel like I need to steal this idea for all my future parties. She said they pop up anytime you do a Pinterest search for fairy parties.


And of course, we had to stuff our faces with cupcakes. These were lemony with raspberry sorbet-flavored icing! So good.

 And last, but certainly not least, we tried some light wines perfect for summer:

  • Night Harvest Chardonnay: I'm not usually a Chardonnay fan, but this one was crisp and tropical, with notes of pineapple, honey and papaya to make it a good choice.
  • Saracco Moscato d'Asti: Predictably sweet...you should save this for dessert!
  • Charles and Charles Rose: I picked this bottle up at Target based purely on the label and it ended up being one of my favorite roses I've EVER bought. It had a strong note of watermelon that was perfectly summery.

No comments: