Thursday, May 29, 2014

About Town: Greeks, Pirates and Beer

Another weekend in Hampton Roads, another line-up of festivals! What can I say? It's just that time of year!

Newport News Greek Festival


One of my favorite traditions is grabbing a meal at the Newport News Greek Festival and watching the adorable teenagers perform traditional dances. I love imagining the teenage angst that goes into every rehearsal as I munch on the most delicious Greek fries and sweet honey loukimades. 

The festival starts tonight and is going from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday and 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday at 60 Traverse Road (right beside the Greek Orthodox Church).

O'Connoroo


O'Connor Brewing will be opening in its new location with O'Connoroo, a one-day festival of music, food and fun starting at 2 p.m. Saturday that seemingly all of the people I know are planning to attend. The bands are some of my favorites in the area and I can't wait to try some of the food!

Blackbeard Festival


Get your pirate on at the 15th Annual Blackbeard Festival in Hampton, a celebration of the feared pirate and his final battle in the Hampton harbor. Here's a full schedule of the festival's events.

Anything else awesome going on in the 757? Leave it in the comments!

No comments: