Friday, December 13, 2013

Jams of the Week

Oh man, it has been a while since I've done one of these! It's been a little bit busy these days, but these are some things I've been lovin' lately. I picked up this Essie color, Meet Me At Sunset, a week ago and I swear, since I've painted my nails at least four people have stopped me to ask the name of the color. It's the perfect red-orange and looks both Christmasy and a little unexpected.

 I couldn't resist the urge to pick up a little something for myself while doing some Black Friday shopping and I am SO FREAKIN EXCITED to rock this polka dot down vest this winter. It's from Land's End.

 I am a total sucker for holiday food/drinks/candy and scooped up a bottle of this at the grocery store a couple weeks ago. It is so good and leaves a pleasantly minty feeling after each gulp! I was so obsessed with it when we had it, I dubbed it my "peppermint drank."

 About a month ago, I downloaded the Timehop app, which connects with your social media networks and every day, delivers a little nostalgia trip to your phone. It shows what you were doing 1, 2, 3, 4 and more years ago. I've found it's the best part of my morning!

I know I'm about the last person on Earth to read Cheryl Strayed's Wild, but I'm finally doing it and it's great so far. I've loved her writing for years as Dear Sugar on The Rumpus, truly the greatest advice column there ever was.

Over the past couple weeks, we FINALLY sat down and watched all the seasons of The League, one of the best comedies on TV. You don't have to be into football to think these wackjobs are hilarious. The recurring jokes, sense of genuine camaraderie and fearlessness of the actors make every episode LOL-worthy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just pinned that Lands End vest yesterday! It's absolutely adorable!