Friday, January 25, 2013

Jams of the Week

Trailer Jam: the Coen Brothers' "Inside Llewyn Davis"

I'm a pretty huge Coen Brothers geek...they can do no wrong in my book, even when they misstep a bit. But a movie about beatniks in Greenwich Village? No missteps there...I absolutely can't wait.

Outfit Jam: Mrs. O's Thom Browne Coat

What a debut into womenswear for Thom Browne! I loved the sleek coat our First Lady wore for the inauguration on Monday, and immediately thought, "Dang! Where do I get myself a subtle patterned coat?" Not so easy, but I could at least probably get my hands on some purple leather gloves. Check out all the First Lady's looks on one of my favorite blogs, Mrs. O.

Music Jam: The Lone Bellow

I read about this group last week, then saw them perform their beautiful harmonies on Conan. But I loved the song even more when I found out the band's members are from Virginia and the girl singer went to William & Mary! I love rooting for fellow Virginians, so I'm excited to see how the buzz builds for them.

Movie Jam: "Silver Linings Playbook"

We've seen most of the nominated movies with a couple exceptions, but I think "Silver Linings Playbook" is my favorite so far. Don't get me wrong..."Zero Dark Thirty" was tense and brilliant; "Argo" was fun and thrilling; "Lincoln" was epic and masterful. But "Silver Linings Playbook" is the only one that left me actually gushing as we left the theater. See it if you can!

1 comment:

Rachel King said...

LOVED silver linings! I think I prefer the dark side of romantic comedy :)