Thursday, November 19, 2009

In Pursuit of the Dream Dress

As you all know, I have well-documented my search for the perfect wedding dress. My dream dress would be: cocktail-length, fluffy skirt, sweetheart neckline. Is that what I'm going to end up with? Not quite.

I searched, and came up empty. I found another dress I loved and as though the universe psychically knows me, I ordered it and promptly saw the following picture on Snippet and Ink.

This bride, Michelle, saw a dress she loved in Erin Fetherston's Fall 2009 ready-to-wear line and wondered if it could be specially made into a wedding dress. What? A specially made couture wedding dress? Have you ever heard of such a thing?

She contacted the folks at Fetherston's studio in New York, who invited her to come in at 9 p.m. on a Wednesday and spend hours trying on dresses. Months later, she had her own dream wedding dress, which is coincidentally, my dream wedding dress.

The fine folks left a comment on photographer Anna Kuperberg's blog noting that brides interested in similar service can email them at erica@erinfetherston.com.

I know, in my heart, such a service will be out of my budget range. I also know I just spent hundreds on my own custom wedding dress. But, OH, did my heart leap when I saw that picture. I know I made the right decision, but I wanted to post this story as inspiration to both myself and other brides to go after what you want. Who knew a fashion house could be so friendly? A lovely story, all around.

No comments: