Painting by Hollis Brown Thornton
I hope your Valentine's Day was sweet! Sean cooked delicious pork chops, brought home way too many sweets and gorgeous flowers from a local shop. I bought him tickets to see Billy Joel, so we're both really excited about that! Today will be a busy day, so I'm glad I got to lounge around a bit yesterday. If you have time for lounging, here are some fun links to explore:
- How so many people marry the wrong people (hint: expectations matter!).
- Love this Missy Elliott tribute video from the girl who danced in so many of her videos more than a decade ago.
- Johnny Cash wrote the greatest love letter ever.
- A satire of our obsessions with our current loves' exes.
- Beck & Beyonce's truly great remix.
- I love the drama in Florence & the Machine's new video.
- It's all about the kiss. This year's best actors star in 9 short films about kissing.
- The collected wisdom of David Carr, one of the greatest reporters ever.
- Amazing pictures of the early space program.
- The NYC library is building a digital time machine! If you're a New Yorker, you might be able to help.