Friday, June 6, 2014

About Town: Harborfest, The Princess Bride & Avett Brothers

I've been a bad blogger this week! I have a minor head cold that's making me act like a big baby, BUT there's some super great stuff going on in Hampton Roads this weekend that I couldn't ignore! 

Harborfest is the kind of event that makes me so happy to live here. Tall ships sail into the harbor at Norfolk AND there's a spectacular fireworks show on Saturday night. There are also all kinds of concerts and other free entertainment. It's pretty great and gets under way today with the Parade of Sail starting at noon.

 Relive your childhood by going to see The Princess Bride on the big screen at the Naro in Norfolk, presented by AltDaily at 9:15 p.m. tonight.

 Also tonight, The Head and the Heart will perform a FREE show for Harborfest at 8:30 p.m. I love their music, so we're going to try to make it to this one assuming I can keep my stuffy nose at bay.


And if you love The Head and the Heart, odds are you worship The Avett Brothers, who are playing in Portsmouth at 7:30 p.m. on Sunday.

No comments: