Monday, July 1, 2013

Pork Chops Smothered with Peppers

 Sometimes I just have the hardest time getting psyched about dinner. It's especially hard when I don't feel like my ingredients go together for greatness...that's still a big cooking challenge for me. But it all came together in a great way last week, when I googled my disparate ingredients "pork chops" + "peppers" and came across this recipe. To my pleasant surprise, I not only had all the ingredients, but it came together in a great way!

I fried up the pork chops and set them aside...they were skinny ones compared to the bigger bone-in ones I usually get.

 In the same pot, I added olive oil, fennel seeds, garlic, pre-cut peppers and onions (sometimes I'm lazy, what can I say?) and let that mixture sizzle for a few minutes until the peppers softened.

 I then added tomato paste and stirred, then added white wine to deglaze the pan, along with chicken stock and stirred. I added the pork chops to the pan and made sure they were good and coated.

 I moved the chops + the peppers to a pan and popped them in the oven (preheated to 400) for just a few minutes. Since my chops were so thin, they were basically done anyway.

Sean, a regular rice fiend, wanted a side of rice and it went quite nicely with the smothered chops. This is a great option for easy weeknight cooking and is lean and pretty healthy!

No comments: