BUT the food was good, if I do say so myself! I used my cookbook from Tupelo Honey Cafe in Asheville to make a peach-fennel salsa, which I served over baby arugula.
My Three Sons pimento cheese...it's extra delicious.
recipe and it was extra delicious.
- Biltmore Cardinal's Crest, a spicy red that gets better as you go.
- Childress Vineyards Red, a table wine Ashleigh described as tasting like dirt. God bless it, but we ended up pouring most of our samples in the dump bucket. It tasted even a little buttery to me, like a Chardonnay should.
- Pilot Mountain Sweet Red Muscadine, an extremely sweet red wine that, at first, I dubbed the "Hi-C" of wines. It grew on me, though, I have to admit.
- Sanctuary Vineyards Viognier, a wine Erica smartly picked up when she was in North Carolina. It was an easy to drink fruity and herbal wine.
- Childress Classic White redeemed the Childress name and was the only bottle we finished! It was a sweet, light and easy to drink white.
Our stateside tour will include stops in Washington and Oregon states, California, possibly the Finger Lakes and Texas.