Close up of Madame X, by John Singer Sargent. Amazing!
I had the pleasure this weekend of delivering meals to a friend who just gave birth, which is a pretty grand tradition of ladyhood. Isn't it weird how there are just some traditions we all know about, like delivering food to families who've had a birth or a loss? Sean had no idea! Anyways, I hope you're having a wonderful weekend. After a day of cooking, I'm ready to relax.
- Pictures of supermodels as awkward kids.
- Did you ever listen to the This American Life episode about Harper High School? You can still help!
- Is Jesse Eisenberg a dick or not a dick? You decide!
- The NY Times profiles hot twentysomethings. I pretend not to have an inferiority complex.
- OK Go delivers an awesome Tiny Desk Concert in more than 200 takes to help NPR move buildings.
- Incredible story about a man who grew up thinking he had been kidnapped and now has no idea who he is.
- I love reading about birth orders! The only child description is dead-on for me.
- Lena Dunham's wedding, as she envisioned it in high school.
- The members of Daft Punk WITHOUT THEIR HELMETS!!
- An oral history of Upright Citizens Brigade.
- How you know you're old.
- Poor, poor Baroness Von Schrader.
- A lingo map of America.