Friday, December 28, 2012

Cherry Coke-Glazed Ham

It's not easy to plan a Christmas Eve meal for two. You want to have some of the traditional meals of your youth, but you don't want a fridge full of leftovers for a week. Luckily, I managed to find this tiny half pre-sliced ham and thought I could pull together a great holiday feast appropriate for two.

I decided to try this Cherry Coke-glazed ham recipe. I had to adjust it, of course, for the substantially smaller ham, but it still tasted delicious. First, pat the ham with dark brown sugar, then pour cherry coke over it, then pat it again. I then baked it for 45 minutes at 350 degrees, making my favorite roasted potatoes at the same time.

In the meantime, I noshed on a true Williamsburg classic snack: bread ends and special sauce from The Cheese Shop.

I'm sure it's sacrilege, but life's a bit easier when you have a pre-sliced ham.

And finally we sat down to an excellent Christmas Eve meal! It was pretty easy peasy, and I can imagine is only better with the traditional whole cloves studding the criss-crossed meat. Even without them, it was tasty.

No comments: