Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Goal: Bedroom Makeover

Bedroom Makeover




Sean and I renewed our lease for another year and, itchy with nesting instinct and pent-up DIY urges, I have begun to consider sprucing up our bedroom.

Right now, it's a calming, albeit messy, space. Our linens are almost entirely oatmeal or seafoam-colored, which I find soothing.

Since at least 2006, I've been hounding Sean to get me or let me buy an upholstered headboard. I've watched as they've only increased in popularity, as many bloggers have made them at home, and I think I've finally resolved to do one, too! I'm pondering the Braemore Gorgeous Pearl fabric, shown above, because it has a nice mix of all the colors I'd like for the room and is feminine without being overpowering.

Also on my list of wants (but not have-to-haves): new nightstands (right now we have mismatched side tables); a bigger, authentic teak midcentury dresser; and the West Elm Draper Stripe sheets that I've literally had sitting in my "shopping cart" since they were introduced almost two years ago. Seriously, they send me reminder emails almost every day, but I'm a very cheap girl. I also would love to paint, and I love Benjamin Moore's Wythe Blue. The landlords gave the go-ahead, but we'd have to prime again before we move out. Is it worth it?

I'm not sure if any of this will actually happen, but lord knows I haunt Craigslist every day searching for the perfect dresser! I think I might be ready to tackle the headboard project very soon. The nightstands...well, that would take some serious convincing, so I might keep checking thrift stores for options I could spruce up.

What do you think, readers? Is it worth it to invest that much effort into my rental bedroom?

No comments: