Mural by Bradley Theodore
Oh, lordy I am so behind on things I want to write about! I will try to carve out some time to actually update, but life has been CA-RAZY. Last weekend we spent our entire Sunday at a car dealership buying a replacement for my car, which was limping down the road. I also have accepted a new job and changing jobs is so, so stressful. October is also a super busy social time in Hampton Roads because the weather is moderate enough to enjoy! And to top it all off, I've had a cold this week and I've been trying to carve out enough time each night for a NyQuil coma.
BUT. I can at least share some links, can't I? Here's a few to peruse on your lazy Sunday:
- ICYMI last week: the Weezer/Kanye mashup you didn't know you were waiting for.
- The adorable bromance of Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg. And while we're at it, the touching tribute Bryce Dallas Howard gave to her dad, Ron Howard.
- The best podcasts to start with in any subject.
- I love tiny furniture, so I want to visit this French museum devoted to tiny film sets.
- Handy dandy ios9 iphone tricks.
- Kids should do chores and here's why.
- Maps of prejudice. Guilty of thinking a lot of these things are true!
- This video illustrates how few women are in leadership roles. It's crazy!
- Particularly great Gloria Steinem interviews from The New Yorker and Lenny.
- Artist Statements of the old masters. Hilarious art history jokes abound!
- I'm carving out some time to read this story about a man making a life after prison.