Tuesday, April 8, 2014

I Spy: Cool Vases, School Lockers and Serveware

Long time, no antiquing! On Saturday, I hit up my favorite Virginia Beach spot with my friend Melissa. Found some great pieces, but I'm trying to hold back these days, so let's just go virtual window shopping!

One of the first things I spotted was a pair of these lovely lotus flower cloisonne lamps. The lamp shades are too much, but I think it would be lovely with a plain black shade. It would be a great piece to pull a color scheme from. I didn't catch the price, but I don't think the pair was more than $45.

 I loved the pyramid pattern of the grain on this lovely midcentury chest...inside, it had perfect lateral shelves for an office. A glamorous office indeed!

 I was smitten with these enamel "sizzle" plates, which were about $14 each. I'm not sure what exactly a sizzle plate is, but I imagine it's perfect for fajitas.

 I also was coveting this super chic tortoiseshell glass pitcher and tumblers...the perfect addition to a bar and just $32.99 for the set!

 As you know, I'm always hunting for the perfect future man cave art. Not sure if anything could be better than a map of Alcatraz Prison!

 I also saw plenty of very cool and unique vases, including this $14 clay vase that looked possibly Mexican or even Indian?

 And this $15 gorgeous porcelain vase...another great inspiration for a color scheme!

These old sewing machine drawers would be the best office supply holders ever to give your desk some character. It was $45 for the pair.

 I think having authentic lockers in a mud room or playroom would be the coolest thing ever. This set worked perfectly and I think was around $300.

 I thought the pattern on this $8 vase was amazing...it reminded me of a lot of the famous patterns by David Hicks.

 Ceramic stools are incredibly versatile in the house or in the garden, and my friend was seriously debating taking this one home. It was a gorgeous example, with beautiful colors that would blend with any color scheme and handsome lion-shaped handles on the sides. It was a steal at $48!

I couldn't find a price anywhere on it, but this midcentury chair is a classic and the upholstery wasn't even bad! It was insanely comfortable. Maybe it's free? ;)

No comments: