Claude Monet, with his waterlilies
It's my favorite time of year, packed with art festivals and wine fests and costume parties. I have a few things I still need to knock off my fall to-do list, including drink cider and have something pumpkin spice flavored. My main fall activity so far was planting some ranunculus bulbs (pray for me that they actually come up!) and mulching. Woot for adulthood.
Anyway, take a stroll through the best of the internet this week:
- Blade Runner rendered in Microsoft Paint? Why not.
- 11 well-designed resumes with personal branding.
- Michelle Obama: GOAT at fashion and appreciations from literary folks
- Princess Grace's son bought her childhood home. AWWWWW.
- Wild behind-the-scenes footage of Jack Nicholson prepping for his "Here's Johnny" scene in The Shining.
- If you've ever written post-breakup poetry, you know happiness is a creativity killer. Science proved it!
- They were born before the 19th amendment, and now they're going to vote for a woman president!
- LOL'd at these Obama and Biden tweets.
- Paying for childcare in America requires a side hustle and how Patagonia retains 100% of working moms.
- Pretty fantastic Stranger Things x Childish Gambino mix.
- This video about body self-image made me cry.
- A long read, but pretty incredible story about a woman who aspired to be a muse to artists. (fair warning: lots of artistic nudity so may not be safe for work)
- Google tricks that make you a travel agent.
- All the types of people who will ask artists to work for free.
- Brilliant idea! A family asked friends and relatives to write their baby letters upon her birth, and they gave her all of them when she turned 17.